Rechts-und Steuerberatung Schmidt is a law and tax firm offering legal and tax advice for expatriates and local companies in the context of international assignments.
Long-standing expertise in the field of national and international tax law and in the field of expatriates’ taxation enables more comprehensive advice and support for expatriates as well as employers in legal and tax-related questions.
Complex fields of expertise translate to customized and professional solutions that are perfectly matched to clients’ needs.
- Outbound and inbound advice of expatriates
- Verification of personal tax status (limited or unlimited tax liability)
- Analysis and optimisation of the expatriate’s personal tax situation (expenses, deductible costs, joint assessment, etc.)
- Preparation of German income tax returns
- Applications for German child benefit
- Advice regarding the application of double tax treaties
- Support of companies to clarify the tax consequences caused by assignments
- Review and tax optimisation of labour contracts
- Advice and statements on special tax issues (severance payments, bonus payments, salary-split, etc.)
- Clarification of German wage tax withholding obligations
- Payroll accounting for expatriates and local employees